Sea glass of hope

Caught in a stormy sea of depression
my vision was deeply effected
My mind didn't know, how to respond
to the absurd ways of things all around me

I could no long walk down the path I was on
the sadness grew deep every day
Nothing or no one could save me from it
I had to take time on my own

I was advised to continue and just pop these pills
So i did and they robbed all my pleasure
Embracing the pain not covering it up
Was the path I choose to recover

I was an empty vessel with nothing to give
but everyone kept cheering me on
The doctor high fived me when I ignored his advice
and he cried with delight at my strength 

He said being a doctor is hard and cruel
but once and a while he sees good
I inspired him that day as I thanked him so deeply
He realised he was doing the right things

He told me to fight and never give up
and to not listen to those all around
he advised I'd be fine if I cleared out my mind
and focused on what made me feel good

Things got a lot easier after hearing these words
a medical opinion that could keep me strong
There are no answers in those pills we are given
just numbness and a lack of true vision

In the beginning I needed that numbness
to slow down my brain to rest my weary head
At the time I felt judged and not really believed
but is was happiness I faked not the sadness

It's been 5 years since I took my last pills
but I still needed time to adjust
I had to create a substantial way
to live in this world of confusion

I broke away from the things that decayed me
and found power and strength all around in the silence
Suddenly life didn't seem so tough
when I slowed down and followed my own drum

The courage it takes to make such a change
was scary and terrified me each day
But no one could help with what I needed to do
I had to stand alone to continue

Today I feel strong but don't get me wrong
there's mind fields scattered around
those triggers can be the death of my spark
so I stand strong as I fight my good fight


When you have nothing to loose
your fear really changes
things have a different perspective
and suddenly the world is quite different

The  sea glass right here is what I collected
when I had nothing else going on around me
I took my time to consider the divine
is the universe really that special?

The power you obtain when you let go of your brain
and wander the beach line and shores
reality is different it's a magical wonder
free for anyone who chooses to dream

I call this my sea glass of hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A darkness creeping

Disconnect and get connected

Too much noise!