I am a butterfly


I spent all my life as a caterpillar...
chomping my way through the grass
But then one day, I started to change
from the inside to the out!

Trapped inside a cocoon of terror
Fighting every day and night
Exhausted, crying and emotional
I really was quite the sight!

Something inside was telling me
to clam down and let it happen
but outers voices shouted with rage
Forget it! Just keep going!

What's wrong with them, I thought to myself
Can't they see, this is where I'm meant to be
I need to stay just where I am
For something is going on, maybe a greater plan!

My inner voice kept leading me
towards the brightest star at night
one determined focused mind
Was fighting the battle for her life

My seemingly force imprisonment
has been the freedom to my world
All the greats! They were quite right
They can't take away our minds!

Freedom is a state of being
but others will make you think
Your freedom doesn't matter and they'll
Find a way to make you sink!

"they' want you to be a caterpillar 
but to stay there all your life!
They'll say your not important
and stop you doing your thing.

Hopefully I'm a caterpillar
who's not afraid of change...
I like to think that one day soon
I shall spread my wings and just be.

Be the person I always was
and who I was really meant to be
discarding all the other crap
so my vision is clear to see!

I believe I am a butterfly,
and you aint seen nothing yet!
The power growing in my soul...
this journey's not done yet!


New perspective
Acrylic on canvas
'sold' but never forgotten!


My New Perspective exhibition
was all about the street!
Down to earth, real raw art
with lovely people to greet!

Some did come and other didn't 
That's ok with me
I discovered something very important
and it was something about me

I have been shouting from the rooftops
but not many others could see
a few rare souls is all it took...
To make me see my magic key

I never thought my art was good
I thought I was stating the obvious!
Now I see right in front of me
My gift might be sharing with others.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A darkness creeping

Disconnect and get connected

Too much noise!