sadness wears a mask

I walked out of my house one day
I was feeling very dark and grey
I went about a mindless task
Trying really hard to free my mind from the dark

Then I came upon a lady
We greeted each other but I could see clearly
Her pain was as deep and as dark as mine
She disguised it well but I could see through to her mind

Every word that she spoke 
made me well up with sympathising tears
We connected emotionally right then in that moment
We saw though the smile that is tiring to wear

She needed no words to express her kind heart
all that it took was her fear of the dark
For me to see clearly her obvious pain
To take time to stop and let her know its OK

She never once uttered a word of emotions
She told told me this world needs help with devotion
We need more plants so we can breath
This is how she feels, this is her legacy

This all felt like a gift from a god that cares great
A god that sees no boarders, religion or hate
Our paths are so different, but we are the same
Wanting love for everyone and for all to feel OK

We remember the past so we can change our fate
The future depends on this arrogant race
A battle of ideas feed by companies and media
We need to break free and begin real ideas

The garden she plants will show generations
there are more things to life than stability and segregation 
These big grand gestures that people make
Exclude all the ones just living day to day

If you are in a position feeling weak and needy
Always have faith that we are not all that greedy
Some of us like living simply
No need for excess or hunger lets agree

From this very moment we move forward together
Making our lifetime count for the future who will benefit 
You may come undone, facing these truths
but its the truth that will really set us all free


This art is so dear to me, it sits on my wall
A little reminder that we all should stand tall
Together as one, we will all have more fun
but we need to stop judging
Embracing and sharing free kindness and love

Thank you for reading x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A darkness creeping

Disconnect and get connected

Too much noise!